1. Office Location: The offices of Porthleven Holidays are at The Net Loft, The Moors, Porthleven, TR13 9JX.
2. Bookings: Bookings should be made online through our website www.porthlevenholidays.co.uk or by telephone on 01326 563404. All bookings should be accompanied by a deposit as stated at the time of booking, to include a booking fee of £25.00. In the event of a booking not being accepted all monies paid will be refunded immediately. Alternatively, please use phone, or e-mail for letting availability and provisional booking terms
3. Final Payment: On confirmation of a booking the applicant is liable for the payment of the balance of rent and any other payments due, not less than eight weeks before the start of the tenancy. Applicants residing abroad are requested to send the final payment not less than eight weeks in advance, see Method of Payment below.
4. Cancellation: Should you have to cancel your booking the full rent remains payable if the accommodation is not re-let. However, as a matter of course, every endeavour to re-let the property will be made but the right is reserved to charge an administration fee of 10% of the rent. Most insurance companies will quote for cancellation insurance.
5. Method of Payment: Payment must be in £ sterling and may be made by credit or debit card or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to “Porthleven Holidays” and sent to our offices at The Net Loft, The Moors, Porthleven, TR13 9JX. Post-dated cheques are not acceptable.
6. Tenancy Rights: The tenancy confers upon the tenants the right to occupy for a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977 only.
7. Customer Obligations: The customer agrees: (a) to pay for any losses or damages to the property, however caused (reasonable wear and tear excluded). To keep the holiday property and all furniture, fittings and effects, in or on the property, in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The owner/property manager will be entitled to make an additional charge to the customer if extra cleaning is made necessary as a result of the property being left in a dirty condition upon the customers’ departure. (b) To permit the owners or owner’s agents reasonable access to the property. (c) Not to part with possession of the property or to share it, except as previously agreed with the owner or owner’s agents.
8. Duration and times of lettings: Lettings are normally from Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday, for 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks. For longer periods or shorter out of season breaks a special quote will be given. N.B. Most of the lettings commence at 3 p.m. on the first day of the tenancy and end at 10 a.m. on the day of departure unless stated otherwise.
9. Non-availability of Property: If for any reason beyond the owner’s control (e.g. fire or flood damage) the property becomes unavailable on the date booked, every effort will be made to find acceptable alternative accommodation. In the event that this is not possible all rent and other charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full with the applicant having no further claim against the owner or owner’s agents.
10. Extras: Towels and tea-towels are not usually provided. All of our holiday properties include bed linen and electricity in the rental.
11. Dogs: Please note that dogs are only permitted where it is specifically stated in the description of that property. The property owners request that dogs do not sit on the furnishings or go into the bedrooms. There is a charge of £3 per night per dog, in the properties which either accept one or two pets.
12. Regretfully, there is now a minimum charge of £10 for any items returned to holiday makers after their stay. This is due to the cost of postage and packaging.
13. Parents with infants requiring travel cots and other baby equiptment should book properties where they are provided. Parents wishing to bring thier own travel cots etc must check with us prior to booking to confirm that the property is suitable.
14. Payment by Credit card is subject to a 2% charge, no charge for debit cards